Thursday, March 4, 2010

just joyful


Today I met a dear friend of mine for lunch at one of my favorite places- Panera Bread.

We had fun chatting and catching up, and it was especially fun because she and her new hubby got married just a couple of weeks before we did last summer. As we talked, I could see the joy that lit up her eyes.

I knew it immediately, because it's the same joy I see in my own eyes every day.

I have never felt more at peace, more grounded and rooted in joy in my entire life. It's like God has opened the floodgates of Heaven and just poured out blessing after blessing. My Dad wrote an email to me a week before my wedding that completely summed it up for me.

He said, "It's so much blessing, it's like trying to drink from a fire hose!"

Is my life perfect? No, most definitely not. I could rattle off a list of things that I am unhappy or concerned about now. But now is not the time for that.

Because right now, I'm just joyful.




From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

John 1:16 (NIV)

3 comments:

  1. Amen and amen! What an encouragement you are to me my dear friend, I'm so glad the Lord allowed our paths to cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! It was SOOOOO good to see you too lovey! I miss you now more than before. Lovely to see you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Em, it was so fun! I miss you too, but it's nice to know we can just pick up where we left off! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails