Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Til This Time Next Year


This Christmas was filled with family, food, and laughter. I can't remember a Christmas that was more crammed with people and good things to eat. It was overwhelming in every way possible, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

One thing that made it more interesting was the huge amount of snow that God blessed us with! 12 beautiful inches! And boy, it made driving really interesting. But somehow, we managed to get everywhere we needed to go. There were lots of fun memories made this year...


My wonderful siblings. They never fail to make me laugh (and cry).


My parents got the fattest Christmas tree in the world. It reminds me of the Ghost of Christmas Present. I feel like it should be holding a fried turkey leg or something.


Elsie serenaded us with some beautiful music, and dancing.


As insane as I can be, I always manage to keep it in for photos. My sisters, on the other hand...


We made Pyroghies (you can spell it however you want, apparently) for dinner on Christmas Eve. Don't ask me how or what, I just know they were filled with potato and fried in butter and onions. That's all I need to know.


There was apple pie (made by me!) for dessert...


Lots of hubbub and commotion occurred around the kitchen (the men always run away at this point, I wonder why?).


Iain, the Coffee-Mug-Model, made an appearance in a striking argyle sweater.


My hubby got to immerse himself in his favorite hobby for a while.


And of course, there were lots of naps.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that is definitely the fattest Christmas tree I've seen! LOL! Love it! And your apple pie looks like it was fabulous! I really love your header, too. We would so be friends in real life : ) Thanks for your sweet comment--I look forward to "getting to know you"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I love it too, it will be a good memory for many years I am sure. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails