Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Home Tour


Welcome to our Christmas Home Tour! I'm excited to share with you the final product of our Christmas decorating this year. Our mammoth (11 foot tall) tree sits behind the loveseat, where we can enjoy the twinkly lights and still have traffic flow through our living room.


In the living room, I brought out my big glass bowl and added some pinecones, a white candle, and some glittery branches. 




I tucked a pretty snowflake into one of the empty frames on the wall for some added shine.


My green glass trees are sitting atop the secretary desk. I recently filled the case with my milk glass collection. I think they are the perfect backdrop for our Christmas decorations.



In the dining room, I created a simple display using candles and glass votives that we already had on hand.


I love my glittery animals...



I also used the burlap table runner that I made (you can find the tutorial in this post.)



Another DIY project from this year made it's way onto the record player. The "Glittery Wonderland" scene was such a fun project, I hope it will last for years to come! I made the moss-covered trees last year, tutorial here.



At the top of the stairs, I just tucked some branches with pinecones on them into our vase of willow branches.



And since we had to move the furniture around a bit for the tree, I decided to create a little sitting area right next to the tree. It's a fun little spot to read a book, sip some tea, and enjoy the Christmas lights.



A couple more gratuitous photos of the tree... This tree is definitely a show stopper. My 5 year piano student was in complete awe of the tree! I don't think she had ever seen one so big!



We had a LOT of leftover branches from the tree. After filling a few vases with them over the house, we also gave some away to my sister and my piano student's family.


It's nice to have the scent of evergreen wafting through the house again.


From our home to yours, we wish you a joyful season celebrating the birth of Christ! Merry Christmas!



Linking up here...



11 comments:

  1. I love how you put the branches into pitchers and vases. What a great way to "recycle" them! And you're tree is beautiful. Thanks for showing us around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute :-) We also get a real tree and I love the smell, it is worth the pine needle mess.

    I've been thinking about posting my decor pics. You have inspired me to do it!

    Thanks for your comment on my house. I still need help with decorating. Maybe I need to have you over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia- thanks! It was super easy, and fun to use them instead of throwing them out. =) Thanks for hosting the party!

    Ingrid- I LOVE the smell too. You're right, it's totally worth the mess. And as I said on Twitter- I will decorate in exchange for coffee! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I think I have a tie for my favorite: the ginormous tree and the cute little animals. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirsti- Me too! I love the tree, but those little animals are super fun too. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new blog look so pretty!

    And your home looks perfect for Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could just gush and gush of all the goodness packed into this post. Your decorating is so beautiful Mikalah. I love how the tree looks! And your centerpieces and the new little sitting nook! And last, but not least, I'm loving your new blog header/design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi- Thanks friend! I'm enjoying the new look too, it's like having a new outfit, but for my blog! hehe.

    Courtney- AH, you are SO sweet. Thanks for the kind words, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice job! I hope you enjoy it over the holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun to tour your home again this year! I believe that we "met" last year on the Nester's home tour. :-)
    Your home is so merry and bright...your tree is fabulous, all eleven feet of it!! Love all your sparkly candles and your glittery animals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous- Thanks so much! We definitely will enjoy it. =)

    Cheryl- I think you are right! How fun! I love those blog-hop parties, it's so much fun to see how everyone else is sprucing up their space for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails