Sunday, February 21, 2010

words that aren't my own






Isaiah 42:5-7

This is what God the Lord says-
He who created the heavens and
stretched them out,
who spread the earth and all that
comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it;
I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the gentiles,
to open the eyes that are blind,
to free the captive from prison,
and to release from the dungeon
those who sit in darkness.

4 comments:

  1. The Lord reaches out to us constantly! What a mighty God we serve who makes a covenant with the likes of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tremendous verse for those of us who are children of Christ! That the Lord has called us in righteousness to be a light in the darkness that is this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful...so thankful...for those words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for them too. God's words are so much more powerful than our own, and they can stand the test of time! I find so much comfort in them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails