Saturday, March 13, 2010

a post from the war zone...

Sadly, my house does feel like a war zone lately. Things are getting done, thankfully, but sometimes it has to get messier before it gets cleaner!

I have also been MIA for a few days, and for this I sincerely apologize. I have been taking things like this:


And turning them into this:


(Don't worry, this is still a work in progress.)

The chair had an alarming number of old, rusty staples in it. I seriously think someone had WAY too much fun attaching that nasty green upholstery fabric. It took us (first me, then Josh stepped in because I was starting to cry from frustration...) a few hours to get most of them out. But, we did. And soon, I will be able to share the "after" photos. I can't wait!

Also, sadly, my plant died. I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave it at that. I really hope it wasn't my singing that killed it. That would be unfortunate.



Life really caught up with me this week. My family is having issues, my job situation is not fun, I am considering a major career change, and I just have a lot of things going on besides. Thankfully, God is never far away and when things get crazy He is so quick to remind me of His love. Also, you ladies (and maybe some gentlemen? I don't really know because there are some people that never leave comments....) have been so encouraging! I really love having this online "community" of friends.

Thanks for being here.

Beloved Plant
Jorge

February 2010-March 2010

Rest in Peace




5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that life is so chaotic right now! I pray that you'll find some calm in the midst of the craziness. The importance of faith and friends becomes even clearer in these sorts of times, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! You are so right, it does become much clearer. I don't know what I would do without my faith or my family and friends, they are lifelines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the job issues. Career changes are definitely scary, but I hope you feel total peace in whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you do with this chair! And I'll be praying for you--sometimes when it rains it pours. But I pray that peace will come after this storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comments and prayers! I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails