Tuesday, March 23, 2010

re-arranged


(before)

My mother taught me one of the best decorating tips while I was growing up, and I didn't even realize it until recently.

Growing up, our house was always changing. I would come home to a completely different living room, several times a year. My mom just loved to re-arrange things for a fresh perspective.

Now, I'm realizing what a valuable lesson that was. Recently, I've been hemming and hawing about our bedroom. I feel like it gets the least amount of attention, and I just wasn't happy with the color scheme/furniture/etc. So, I sweet-talked my hubby into helping me move the furniture around, and I'm so happy with the results!



It feels brighter, cleaner, and more inviting. Before, the bed kind of blocked the room because it was right in the center, now that it's by the windows the room seems to flow much better.




So there you have it, a new room for $0.00. Now, that is my kind of makeover! Do you have a room that could use a "free" makeover? Or, have you found this trick to be helpful in the past?

3 comments:

  1. I did this all the time to my students...I love re-arranging furniture in my classroom, at home I guess I'm not as spontaneous, but you've inspired me, I'm going to see which room could use a new perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm the same way...constantly changing around stuff. It drives my husband crazy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kristi- that is too funny! Good idea to do that in your classroom too, I bet it helped keep things fresh and exciting for the kids!

    @ Nadine- I am the same way, and I think my husband wonders why I find such joy in moving things around. He thinks I'm wierd. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails