Thursday, April 1, 2010

a manly easter-basket?


It is Josh's birthday on Monday, and I think I am more excited than he is. I just can't wait to celebrate the birthday of this wonderful man that I'm married to!



I also can't wait to show you what I made for him, but that will have to wait because he has a terrible habit of reading my blog.

My wonderful hubby is the hardest person I have ever had to shop for. He just doesn't like "stuff." He could live in a cardboard box and be ridiculously happy. Me? Not so much. We have probably had a few discussions due to this particular disparity. Like when I threw out his jeans that he has been wearing since jr. high and made him buy new ones (am I a terrible wife or what? Just wait til I have kids to torture!).

Anyhow, even though my beloved is about to turn the ripe old age of 26, he has alluded to disappointment in not receiving an Easter basket for the past 10 years. I personally could not care less about an Easter basket. Just give me the candy, please (Cadbury eggs, anyone?). But since it's his birthday, he can have whatever his sweet heart desires. So, I pulled together my very first Easter basket.



I shredded some newspaper in our shredder and I think it worked great for the "grass." It's a good way to recycle newspaper and save a few bucks as well!

Inside, I put some of his favorite candy, including some in the plastic eggs. Then, I hot-glued a ribbon around the basket just for fun! I wish I had a prettier, brighter ribbon but it would have taken away from the "manly" factor. Again, just wait until I have kids and then the Easter baskets will be so bright you will have to don your sunglasses.

What are some of your favorite Easter traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails