Friday, February 4, 2011

Upcycled Valentines


Do you ever wonder what to do with leftover paint chips? If you love color like me, chances are you have a TON of these fun, colorful thingamabobs hanging around in drawers somewhere.


They are great to have around when you get a hankering to paint something and need some inspiration, but I've found that more often than not, they sit in the drawer and gather dust. So, I decided recently to find some fun projects that can incorporate some of these paint chips.


First- I grabbed some of these ADORABLE little scrapbooking letters that I found on clearance at JoAnnes. Anyone else who is not a scrap-booker still love using the supplies for crafts? I will never make my own scrapbook (I'm not patient enough), but I still love browsing that aisle for things I can use in other projects.

After cutting the paint sample into little squares, I just peeled the protective backing off of the letters and stuck them each on their own little square. SO easy. All it needed was some twine, and some cute mini clothespins (from JoAnnes also) to pull it together.

I love the colors of the paint samples (probably why I picked it out in the first place!), and as a bonus, they all coordinate perfectly!


This just might be the extent of my Valentines decorating...

monogram

12 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! This is my idea of decorating for Valentines day. Now, where did I put those paint chips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We do, in fact, have piles of paint samples lying around our house. This could be a good use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad to hear you both have an abundance of the paint chips too, I was really hoping this project would work for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In LOVE! ahhh it is so super cute! I want to run out to joannes right now and try to find those letters! When did you pick them up? (haha please say two days ago!?)

    xoxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn- I actually got them a while ago, but I'm sure they have something similar in the scrapbooking section! =)

    Vanessa- How sweet of you! I will stop by and check it out. =) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, how cute! I happen to have some paint chips somewhere....I really ought to try something with them, like this! You could do this, for any holiday! Awesome! Thanks for the idea!
    Saw this on Polish the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Fallan! You are so right, this could definitely be switched up for many different holidays. =) Let me know if you try a new version of it, I would love to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that I featured your project! Check it out here: http://www.polishthestars.com/2011/02/link-party-monday_14.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails