Friday, March 18, 2011

Progress


Remember the ugly brass fixture above our sink? Probably not. It was rather small and insignificant, yet oddly annoying at the same time. It annoyed me because it was such a garish polished brass, but it also got on my nerves because it always seemed like someone had installed it upside down. Is it just me, or is it strange to have a wall sconce that is facing upwards over a sink?

Well, thankfully the situation has been remedied at last. With a little bit of spray paint and a cute, handy husband the fixture is no longer brass nor upside down.


It adds so much more light to the space now that the bulb isn't facing the ceiling!


Also, don't worry too much about that mirror there. It's just hanging there to take up space while we figure out what else to put there!


One more ugly light fixture down. Only about 10 left to go.

Hope you all have a wonderful weeked! Enjoy the weather!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it seems like such an easy set of "fixes," but what a difference the combo of flipping it and painting it makes!! Hooray for a cheap and easy modernization!

    I can picture some nice thrifted art, like a fruit or floral painting, there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peasy! I love how paint makes everything new again... and classes up ze brass quite nicely =) haha

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    love the name stanley =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane- Yes, I was amazed too by what the smallest of changes did! I can totally visualize the picture, that's a great idea! I love the picture we had there before (seen in 1st photo), but I am stripping the paint off the frame to bring it back to natural wood so there's not too much white in the kitchen.

    Jenn- Yay, so glad you like the name! =) It just came to me! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my decorating mantra often is that beauty is just a spraypaint can away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what a can a spray paint can accomplish. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Have a fabulous weekend. Can't wait to have John around more now that spring is here, hopefully he can do less hours in NY and help me at home!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails