Sunday, February 28, 2010

an escape

This weekend, we packed up the car and drove to Duluth, MN.


Literally, it was packed.


With some of my favorite people in the world! My handsome Hubby, my two beautiful sisters Elsie and Morna, and Elsie's boyfriend Kyle.


We just needed to get out of the cities, up North, to the vast, frozen expanse of Lake Superior. Even the air up there smells better.



We walked around without our coats (it was 34 degrees- heat wave!).
We drank coffee and meandered through the streets.
We climbed across the rocks and some of us even ventured out on the ice (not me).





Warning: Smoking a pipe frequently can give you mouth cancer. These pictures do not, in any way, condone smoking a pipe.



We went to "Vintage Duluth," which is, in my opinion, one of the best vintage stores I have ever been to. Just look at this dress:


As we were leaving, I spotted this amazing brooch that was carved from bone. It actually says "Elsie." How perfect is that? She bought it, of course, along with a beautiful vintage scarf.


It was a day of easy conversation, adventuring, and basking in the sunshine.


It was an escape.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing escape! And what a perfect weekend for it. This weather was INCREDIBLE. Maybe Spring really will show up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Haven't been to Duluth in ages. That dress is gorgeous! It makes me wish I had a reason to own a dress like that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails