Tuesday, March 9, 2010



(image found here)



I used to watch the Dick Van Dyke show a lot when I was growing up, and yesterday I thought I would relive the good old days so I brought the laptop in the kitchen and watched it again while I baked cookies. Did you know that Hulu has all of the episodes, and you can watch them on your computer for free? Awesome.

Well, I just have to say that I am in love with their TV house. I would pack my bags and move into black and white if I could live there! I was just drooling over their furniture, amazing lamps, and fun decorations. I love the show because it is so light-hearted, uplifting, clean, and absolutely hilarious. Why can't we have TV shows like that these days? It seems like our comedians have all been replaced by foul-mouthed wierdos who just want to shock people into a laugh. I would rather watch Dick Van Dyke fall over a chair any day.

How about you? Any fond memories of watching old TV shows? What are some of your favorites?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome - I JUST finished watching the entire Dick Van Dyke series on Hulu the other day, LOVE LOVE LOVE! I absolutely adore the old TV shows, and no, they don't make them like Dick anymore, or Lucille Ball. Have you ever seen I Love Lucy? I have all the seasons of I Love Lucy, she is my absolute favorite - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna- I do love I Love Lucy too! All of those old shows are just amazing! I also have been watching Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie too. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Michela! I love The Cosby Show! My husband actually bought all of the seasons on DVD so we can always have them for the kids. What a great family the Cosbys were. I love how Clare and Cliff parented too. I also liked Family Ties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi- The Cosby show is a good one too! It has a great mix of comedy and valuable lessons too! I grew up watching that show too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more. I really wish that there were more uplifting and clean shows on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVED The Dick van Dyke Show, as well as a lot of other shows on Nick at Nite back in the day. I didn't know you could get them on Hulu.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails