Friday, March 19, 2010

inspiration for friday

For the longest time, I have been going back to this picture and gazing at the color combination. I just love yellow and gray together!

I'm trying to think of some new ideas for our bedroom- we painted the walls gray and have a bedspread that is aqua blue with gray and white stripes. But lately, I have been wanting to lighten up the color scheme in there, and these pictures are inspiring!






Also, we haven't been able to decide whether we will try to do some updates in the kitchen, or just save our remodeling for when we move into a bigger place. If we do update the kitchen, I have been eyeing subway tiles... I would love to paint the cabinets a creamy white and have a subway tile backspash. Maybe a new butcherblock countertop?


So that's what my brain is up to these days... do you notice the common theme of yellow? Perhaps I am longing for the summer sun?

(all images from apartment therapy)


3 comments:

  1. I love the color yellow, it's so sunny and bright, just makes me happy. I love wearing yellow, I think it helps my mood most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love yellow too, and it always find a way into my wardrobe and my living space. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE sunshine yellow and even that orange color in the latter photos! Great combo with the gray!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails