Monday, May 10, 2010

An update


It's been busy around this house the past few weeks. Josh's car broke down two weeks ago, so we've been dealing with that. And by dealing with it, I mean it sat in our garage for two weeks while my husband, father, father-in-law, and grandfather tried to figure out what was wrong.

Thankfully, the fuel-pump is finally replaced and Josh is able to drive his car again instead of his motorcycle. I have not personally experienced this, but apparently driving a motorcycle in 40 degree temperatures is rather uncomfortable. Also, when it's cold and rainy you can actually get very sick. Needless to say, it's been an eventful 2 weeks.

I have been trying to keep up with my blogging, but sadly I feel like it's taken a back burner to everything else that's been going on. Also, I will be out of town for a business trip next week so I most likely won't be posting at all then! Anyone know of some fun places to visit around Des Moines?

6 comments:

  1. Have a good trip...wish I could give you some good Iowa tips. But alas, we blow through Des Moines on our way to Minnesota -- I don't think we've ever actually stopped (unless it was at a McDonald's or for a potty break). Do you read jennifer at Getting Down with Jesus? She lives in Iowa...if you are familiar with her blog...maybe you could ask her for some Iowa hot spots? Okay, that sort of sounds like an oxymoron to me...but who am I to say...I live in Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I feel like I should have something interesting to contribute to this post since I live in Des Moines, but it's late and I can't think of a single interesting place to suggest. I'll think on it and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I just thought of one. You might enjoy checking out Valley Junction- it's a really cute shopping district in West Des Moines with unique shops. I know you're on a spending fast, but window shopping is free, even if it is a bit painful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in Iowa, don't know of anything fun to do there, I do know that everytime we've driven through it, it seems to be boring, lol. My aunt and uncle live in Waverly, but don't know much more than that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies! Ashley- that place sounds really cool! I will have to check it out. And of course, I will (hopefully) get to hang out with you at some point too! =)I'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did some brainstorming today and I think I found a few other fun options for you while you're here in Des Moines

    1. Living History Farms has a free farmer's market on Wednesdays from 4- 7 pm(www.lhf.com) They have loads of other stuff to do there too but it costs $$. I've been twice and if the weather is nice it's definitely worth the price of admission.

    2. Salisbury House & Gardens- (www.salisburyhouse.org) I'm sucker for historical stuff and I've heard good things about this place though I've never been. Looks amazing from the website!

    3. Des Moines Art Center- admission to the galleries is free. (www.desmoinesartcenter.org)

    4. Coffee with me :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails