Monday, February 28, 2011

Some New Goings-On


Well, we all know this blog is geared more towards decorating/remodeling/housewifing, but I just have to take a moment and share some exciting news with you guys!

I've been writing music for a long time, practically my whole life, but lately I've finally started working on actually recording some stuff.

So, I pulled together a band and we are heading to a recording studio this month to record some demo songs! I can't wait. I'm really not sure where this is headed, but I do know that it's a dream I've had forever. Plus, my sisters and some really good friends are joining in on this project so it's sure to be lots of fun as well!

I will let you know once things are on a roll (hello, Myspace musician page! Haha), but I just had to share my good news with you all!

Apparently, this quitting my day job thing has been helping in so many ways. I really feel like my creativity has spiked and I feel free to write, sing, create, and be who I am again. Has that ever happened for you? Have you "rediscovered" a dream lately? I would really love to hear all about it!

7 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG! Congrats girl!!!!! That is AWESOME news!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously??? Is there anything you can't do? I'm so proud of you for taking this step, you have been so brave. You are living one of my favorite quotes, "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It is really exciting, I can't wait to actually have some stuff recorded that i can share with y'all,

    Holly- there is definitely plenty of things I can't do though. =) Sometime I will just make a post with a list of all the things I can't do! It would be ridiculously long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rediscovered my photography dream and like you, I'm chugging onward into the business of wedding photography! I'm so glad to be working for myself and having a creative outlet. It makes for a more relaxed, happier me.

    I can't wait to see where your music takes you! Maybe we'll get to hear a song in your next vlog post???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, that's so exciting! I love that you have found your passion and are pursuing it too. =) Thanks for sharing!

    That's a good idea! I did think about it, but I'm thinking I might wait until I get a better recording. But don't worry, you will hear something soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails