Monday, March 28, 2011

A bit of color? Yes please!


Remember our dreary, grayish bedroom? It was really starting to feel like a downer, so I decided to perk it up a bit just in time for Spring.

So I came up with a plan featuring a new color scheme, found some inspiration online, and purchased a new bedspread and fabric.

It's starting to come together a little more, as evidenced below.


I finished 2 throw pillows for the bed and got my crafty hat on and made some colorful touches for our room as well. There's still SO much to do, but for now this feels better. It's just enough color to make the room inviting instead of depressing!


The fabric and letters are from JoAnne craft stores, and I painted the letters with yellow craft paint and used some pearly paint to bring out some stripes. It was a super fun, easy project!


Ok, here's a view of the whole thing together, but seriously, the lighting in this room is atrocious! So please pretend that this picture was NOT taken with the flash and looks incredible. Thanks a bunch. =)


Ahh. So much better. Now I just need a bouquet of fresh flowers to put on the nightstand... hubs? Are you reading this? =)

5 comments:

  1. hahaha buy the woman some flowers! <3

    It looks great doll! =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pop of color. I was reading a better homes and gardens yesterday and really liked a couple of rooms that were mostly neutral but had bright spots of orange or green in a few accessories. They really stood out, and this reminds me of that spread. I can't wait to decorate my new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cute! I think it looks fresh and happy. I really love the lamps on the nightstands. You have such a knack for working vintage stuff!

    I'll forgive you for using a flash in the last photo, even after my rant about natural light in my latest post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get those fresh flowers! You sure do deserve them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails