It took me a good 4 hour chunk of time on Tuesday, but the curtains are finally done! I was hoping to finish them in under 2 hours, since they were already mostly sewn, but as I tweaked the design a little to incorporate features I wanted it got to be a bigger project! For instance, I added tabs at the top of the curtain for hanging so it would be easier to move the curtains. Originally, I had just folded the fabric over and sewn a loop for the rod to go through, but it made the curtains to difficult to open and close. The tabs are much better, plus I like the way the curtains lay now more!
The green and cream fabric was from a friend that I helped with her sewing machine. She made curtains for her kitchen and had a ton of fabric left over, I think I still have 2-3 yards left!
Here's that list again- I'm still hoping I can power through the rest of these things before the week is out!
Paint bookshelf #1 Paint bookshelf #2(post coming soon!) Finish curtains
- Organize and clean music room
- Prettify music room using things I already have
- Finish wooden tray (I found an awesome wooden tray at Goodwill that needs a makeover!)