Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mirror-Obsession

Yup, it's official. I have mirrors on the brain. I guess I just love how they instantly brighten up and add style to any room. And with only 3 windows in our townhome, we definitely need every bit of brightness we can get!

Take for instance our master bedroom. It was lacking a little in the style + light department. I don't know why, but this has proved to be the hardest room to decorate. Maybe because I am stubborn and refuse to repaint. I love the wall color, but it's really hard to decorate around it!


I'm always on the lookout for mirrors these days, and I was at Wal-Mart the other day and found these two for $4.95 each. Regular price. Wowza! I definitely snagged them, figuring I could turn them into trays even if they didn't work in the master bedroom. 


Now, they are hanging pretty! I might do something different at some point (I'm thinking of antiquing them and trying to add some type of candle-holder), but for now they add just the touch I was looking for! 




Also- you may have noticed a pillow switcher-oo. I made the slipcovers a few years ago and used them in my first apartment after college, but they had been sitting in my closet for a while. I love the fabric though (bought on clearance at Jo-Anns) and I'm glad they fit in our room so well! 


Oh, how I love cheap, quick decorating fixes!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillow coverings! I giggled at the term switcher-oo. Cute... also I'm loving the mirror idea for adding light to rooms. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! I know, I kind of laughed to myself as I wrote it, but decided to just leave it! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails