Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Life Lately...

Life lately has been pretty wonderful. A couple weekends ago I helped plan and host a baby shower for my friend Katie... she's due in May!

These pictures were not taken by me... but snagged from another friends facebook page. What, you don't do that? 


Katie's friend Stacia brought this amazing cake, isn't it the cutest baby shower cake you've ever seen? I also got to try fondant for the first time ever. I've always wondered what it tastes like, every time I hear Buddy the Cake Boss say "fonDANT." It's not too bad, but I wouldn't want a whole cake covered in it! Thankfully this one had mostly frosting with fondant animals and decorations.


The next weekend, we had a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Melissa. I'm still hoping and praying that I will fit into my bridesmaid gown at 5 months pregnant... I might need to visit a seamstress. 

In other news, I had been going around telling people that I don't have morning sickness, but my mom informed me that food aversions and even mild nausea are considered morning sickness. I guess I thought you had to be throwing up daily in order for it to be labeled "morning sickness." 

Food aversion is probably the worst thing ever. Normally, I love food. But lately, even things I once loved to the point of obsession have become disgusting to me. 
  • Coffee- some days I can't look at it or smell it, let alone drink it. This saddens me.
  • Spinach flavored tortilla wraps- I used to love them, but now they aren't allowed in the house. 
  • Pizza- Ugh. The grease. 
  • Chicken- I can still eat it most of the time, but once in a while if there's too much fat or anything gross left on it I can't eat it. 
There's more, but I won't bore you. =) Basically, it's hard to find anything that I want to eat. But here are a few things that I adore:
  • Ranch dressing- I love it on salads, with baby carrots, straight from the jar... hehe
  • Plain strawberry poptarts- I could eat those suckers all day long. 
  • Decaf black tea with milk and sugar- my replacement for coffee. Comfort beverage.
  • WATER! I can't get enough water, I have to carry a bottle of it around with me all the time. 
  • Sandwiches- Yes, I know that technically you aren't supposed to have deli meats. But there were a couple occasions where the only thing I wanted was a Sierra Turkey sandwich from Panera Bread. So good. 
Anyway, that's life lately. I'm hoping that soon inspiration will come and kick me in the hindquarters so I can actually do something blogworthy... How have you all been? 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Mikalah, I'm just so happy for you! I've been praying for the day you would become a mommy and here it is. Food aversions stink! I remember being pregnant with Julia and making John eat his meals upstairs because I couldn't stand the smell of chicken. And I could not have coffee the first few months. I think it is God's way of keeping our bodies really healthy from certain foods and drinks...but come month 4 and I liked everything in sight again! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails