Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dinner on the Porch


Last week, Josh and I had our first meal outside! It was wonderful. With the warm, Spring-y weather we've been having lately, it's been so nice to spend extra time in the great outdoors. This meal was extra fun because I used two recipes that I found on Pinterest.

I've heard of so many people who are constantly pinning things but never trying them... it's totally different for me! I love pinning recipes and I'm constantly going through them and making new things.

I made Curried Carrot Soup with Ginger using this recipe. I have to admit, at first it didn't sound that good. But this soup was seriously awesome! Plus, I didn't feel guilty about not having veggies on the side, since they were already in the soup. Niiice.  


The other recipe I used was this Blueberry Mint Lemonade concoction. Except I kinda cheated and didn't follow the recipe, I just used my good old fashioned lemonade recipe and added dried mint leaves from our garden last year and some blueberries. It was fantastic. I've been pinning TONS of recipes for unique lemonades since I won't be able to enjoy my favorite summer beverage this year: Sangria. I hope you all feel really bad for me.  


The final part of our meal (and probably my favorite) were homemade green onion and cheddar cheese biscuits. YUM. I just make a normal biscuit recipe (from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook) and add in garlic, chopped green onions, and about 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. They are so yummy. Josh eats like 10 of them in one sitting. I only eat 9.


 It was such a fun dinner and really felt like a "date." I love at-home dates!





How have you been enjoying your Spring so far?

P.S. sorry about the huuuge break from blogging... what can I say. I'm exhausted from this little peanut growing inside! I think it's sucking the life from me. It's ok though, it's all for a good cause! =)

5 comments:

  1. The food looks wonderful! Even more wonderful is seeing a new post from you! I've missed them, although I suppose you do have a good excuse... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should not read posts like this at 11:30 pm. I am now ready to make green onion and cheddar cheese biscuits. Be still my heart. (Maybe I should just go to bed. ~smile~)

    Oh, but you...you can eat nine of those yummy-looking biscuits, knowing it's for a good cause!

    Really, it was a lovely dinner and a beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting some new recipes, always good to add to the collection. How cute are you two outside with your dinner? Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This meal looks heavenly! And the bit about the 9/10 biscuits brought me a little giggle. So cute you two! The whole set-up is beautiful! This was fun to catch up on your posts. I missed you, but your resting is much needed and TOTALLY worth it for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails