Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Getting Away

Josh and I's anniversary is in August, but with my sister's wedding coming up (and my baby bump getting bigger and more uncomfortable), we decided to do an early anniversary "trip." I say "trip" because even though it felt like a getaway, our destination was only about 1/2 hour away from home! We stayed at the most beautiful B&B in Stillwater, MN. It's called the Anne Bean Mansion; it's an old mansion that the owners have fixed up with every modern convenience you can imagine while still managing to keep all of the charm intact. 


Our room was at the very top floor!


We were greeted by the sweet owner, Erin, who brought us home-brewed beer (for Josh), a decaf iced mocha (for me), and these lovely chocolate truffles to eat. 


We dressed up for dinner that night, and went out to enjoy a wonderful Italian meal. 


In the morning, we had our breakfast delivered right up to our room. It was so delicious! 



After checking out, we wandered down the streets of Stillwater, peeking through antique stores and walking by the river. The water is so high this year, in the photo below you can see how it's completely covered the old walkway! Also, is not my belly ginormous? =) I love it. 


Life has been such a whirlwind of house projects, family events, and baby and wedding showers, and it was so wonderful to escape from it all with my man for even just a short time. It was a reminder to me of how much God has blessed us in our marriage for these 3 wonderful years! It's so wonderful to have a husband that is my best friend as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a treat to be able to take a pre-baby trip together! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails