Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Chairs



Our new chairs have been here for a few weeks now, and honestly, it's taken me that long to get used to them. The final verdict? I love them.

Right now we have them pushed together where our old loveseat used to be, and I love that they can act as a mini-couch. It gives us plenty of seating, but also a lot of room to move things around. And, since there are two of them, hopefully they will work in a variety of settings (i.e. a new living area when we move someday!).


We bought them from World Market online. I was pretty happy with ordering them online. We were able to go to a store and see the chair in a different color, but we kind of bought these ones sight unseen. For a gamble like that, I think they turned out pretty well! 


To bring in some more yellow (I seriously love yellow), I made a couple of new pillow covers for the couch. The chairs are a deeper golden tan/yellow, very neutral and easy to decorate around. The new pillows are a bit brighter, but I love the color!



The pillow cover fabric is from JoAnnes (it's just cotton quilting fabric- so easy and cheap!). I made them with snaps on the back so they are easily removable for washing.



There are still a few changes to be made to this room, but I like to let it evolve over time. We found a free console/dresser on the side of the road, so I plan to paint it and use it for a tv stand! I'm just waiting for some warmer weather so I can toss open the garage door and get to painting!





1 comment:

  1. Love the chairs, and I love your new pillow covers, too! I've had a few yards of that same fabric FOREVER but I've never decided what to do with it. I think it is so cute, so I keep saving it for the 'perfect' project which, of course, I've never decided on :-) Your living room looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails