Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pulling Everything Together

My approach to decorating is definitely to collect things slowly, over time, from lots of different sources. I like a nice mixture of new/vintage/fun/colorful/classic items for a balanced look. Unfortunately, sometimes this can result in a bit of frustration as you try different things out! Our bedroom just didn't feel complete because I could not for the life of me find something to hang over our bed! It has just been a big, gray, blank wall for the past 3 years.

I really wanted to find the perfect thing- whatever it was. And finally, my waiting paid off! I stumbled across this large painting a few weeks ago in a secondhand store for only $30. For a real, original painting that is actually decent, I thought that was a steal!


I adore the details of this painting! Each flower is made with thick and thin brushstrokes, and stacked paint to create the look of real petals.



I made a couple of new pillows (the green ones) to pull out the greens in the painting, and I had the velvet one already. It's hard to tell from the photos, but the green is more of a mossy color (it looks brighter in the photos).



Now I have a much better idea of how to decorate the rest of the room! And of course, Josh and I just started talking more seriously about moving. But even if that is the case, this painting is coming with me. ;) 


Anyone have any fun thrifting finds lately? I miss thrifting so much. Evie is usually good about sitting in the cart nicely while I shop, but it's just so hard to get out of the house with her sometimes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails