Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Party




Last week was our annual "Holiday Party" at work. I was on the decorating committee. It was, to say the least, rather stressful. I spent about 8 hours hanging lights and tulle from the ceiling; and I have never been more sore in my entire life (well, except for perhaps the time I fell off a ski lift, but that's a whole different story).




We rented centerpieces and tablecloths and draped with tulle and lights wherever possible. Some people said they felt like they were at a wedding. I said, "Surprise!!!" Just kidding. No one got married.




We even had a "fake fireplace" set up on a computer. It had a warm glow and even made a crackling noise. Not my idea, but I guess it was a nice touch.




We had the food catered in, and it was yummy! Pulled pork and turkey sandwiches, with green beans, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce.




The (empty at the time) punch bowl was filled with ornaments and lights. Again, not my idea but it turned out so lovely! We used mini "party lights" from Michaels. They are so handy because they are small, battery powered, and give off plenty of light.




While I was dancing around on top of the tables (while being extremely careful and taking the necessary precaution to ensure my safety), putting up the lights and tulle I didn't really think about the fact that they would have to come down again. That's a good thing. Thankfully, while it took 8 hours to put them up, it only took 1 hour to take them down.




We had a good room to start off with. I love the brick walls and exposed beams. So Urban Chic.




And now, I think I will hire myself out as a wedding decorator. I will also hire some monkeys to climb around and put up tulle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails