Thursday, January 7, 2010

Owl Obsession

Ever since I can remember, I have loved owls.

Before I go on, I must note that I am not really an animal person. When people meet my husband and I they inevitably say, "You aren't animal people, are you?" No, we are not. I like dogs/cats/gerbils, but they are either too needy or give me hives or just smell weird so none of them will be coming into my house. We aren't neat freaks or anything, but the thought of sharing my living space with something that drools is just not appealing.


But moving on to my love of owl paraphernalia. My husband calls it an "obsession" and for some reason feels the need to say, "Please, don't bring more owls home," whenever I leave the house. I only have, like, ten owls. Well, maybe 12. How could I resist a cute owl figurine (on sale at Goodwill for $0.99), or an Owl towel for the kitchen?

However, despite his lack of support for my Owl collection, I came home from work the other day to find this wallpapered on our computer:


(image found here)


He just said it reminded him of me and he thought I would like it. Do I detect a softening towards the owls? Who can resist their chubby feathered cheeks? Apparently no one.


1 comment:

  1. Awww! Those are cute owls! Though, I must admit, generally, owls really freak me out. Maybe its the whole nocturnal thing, or maybe it's the really big eyes and the way they can turn their head around really far. It's just....unnatural!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails