Wednesday, January 6, 2010

things that make winter more bearable...



Living in Minnesota has it's ups and downs. I love the seasons, the beauty of Fall and the warmth of Summer. But now is the time I start to question myself... Why do I still live here? Christmas is over, the snow is uglified by the sand that is caked everywhere, people insist on driving like maniacs even when black ice is covering the roads, and my fingers freeze to spray paint cans when I try to do crafts... Despite all the madness, I have developed some coping mechanisms for dealing with the bleak midwinter.

The first thing that makes Winter bearable for me is God's word. Somehow, it seems to sink in deeper when I'm snuggled on a chair with a piping hot cup of tea. It's those serene moments that warm me up deep inside and help me have the strength to get through each day.

Since getting married in August, I am finding that having a husband around helps with the warmth too. Thankfully he likes to snuggle and lets me put my icy fingers on his back. What sacrifice!

One of the other ways that I cope with winter is by drinking copious amounts of hot beverages. Hot chocolate does not normally appeal to me, but in the dead of winter it's a wonderful treat. Especially when there's whip creammm...




On a side note, my wonderful Mother-In-Love gave me some gorgeous little mirror ornaments for Christmas. They don't look specifically like Christmas ornaments so I plan to keep them up for a while... for now they are hanging on a shelf in my hallway.

I had some fun taking pictures through them and playing with photo editing...



Hmm, now I'm thinking about painting my walls bright yellow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails