Friday, August 27, 2010

When life hits you like a Mack-Truck...


Hello, my dear, lovely blogging friends!

As you can see, I've been on an involuntary blogging hiatus. This makes me sad, because I LOVE blogging. But, sometimes it's necessary!


It's necessary right now for several reasons that I would like to share with you:


1) I have a really freakin' busy full-time job. I work for the USDA, primarily hiring and keeping track of cotton inspection employees. It's cotton season right now- so we've been hiring 50-100 people every week! Yowza! So when I'm at work, I'm basically a mad-woman.


2) I've been experiencing some health issues. Stress is an issue for me- when I feel stressed I tend to get sick or have panic attacks. It's gotten to the point where I have had to see a doctor because of anxiety-related issues. So apparently I'm just a mad-woman in general! Hehe.


3) This is actually the EXCITING part of my news. I am in the process of (hopefully) making a career transition to being a music teacher on a part-time basis. This is exciting to me for several reasons (here come the sub-points!)...


a. I will no longer be working full-time.

b. I will be able to actually clean my house once in a while.

c. Less stress = hopefully less panic attacks.

d. I will finally get to do what I LOVE.

e. Hopefully, I will also be able to devote more time to my favorite hobby-

blogging!


So, that's what has been going on in my life recently, and hopefully it explains why I've been a little absent from this space. I'm still going to keep on blogging, just not as frequently as I would like!
Also- I wanted to thank you all for being so wonderful! Blogging has become a huge passsion of mine, and it's primarily because of the awesome friendships that I've developed. Who knew that could be possible? I love communicating with you guys and hearing/seeing your creativity and sharing what inspires me to be creative!
So please accept this digital hug! Thanks for being so awesome!

8 comments:

  1. Amen to the ability to clean your house once a week! I hope you can unwind this weekend and enjoy some down time. And I REALLY hope things work out so that you aren't working full time anymore!! That would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the music teaching endeavor! Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope things work out so you can get some music back in your life (and blog more)! I'm sorry that all the additional stress has been causing health problems as well. I imagine it just makes life more stressful.

    Praying for you as you transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes Cindy! Life gets so crazy sometimes when you work full-time!

    Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! I definitely plan to share my experiences here too, it's going to be quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please accept this digital hug right back at ya. :-) Hope that your transition goes reallyreally well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lisa! You are too sweet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG SO happy for you! I'm glad things are falling into place! I've hit those crazy mack-truck stress moments my whole life and I know how fan-freaking-tastic it can be to find out that everything is falling into place =)

    best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jenn! So nice to hear that others have gone through the same thing and survived as well. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails